[tor-dev] Onioncat and Prop224

Razvan Dragomirescu razvan.dragomirescu at veri.fi
Fri Sep 30 10:55:13 UTC 2016

Allow me to second that - for some applications (Internet of Things being
the one I'm working on), the volume of data exchanged is very small, so
there isn't much chance for packets to be lost or retransmitted. OnionCat +
Tor simplify development immensely by giving each node a fixed IPv6
address, even behind NAT. You no longer have to _design_ the service for
IoT, you just run it on the node and it's immediately accessible over IPv6.
It's not perfect in terms of network protocol encapsulation but it's "good
enough". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good :)

Razvan