[tor-dev] Tor Browser downloads and updates graphs

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Sat Sep 17 15:52:32 UTC 2016

Karsten Loesing:
> On 11/09/16 18:13, Georg Koppen wrote:
>> Here are the graphs showing initial downloads, update pings and
>> update requests over time:
>
>> https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/torbrowser-annotated-2016-09-11.pdf
>

> Here's
>
> the same graph with more data, more request types, and of course a
> lot more shininess:
>
> https://tor-metrics.shinyapps.io/webstats/
>
> Note that this is just a prototype that will go away in the future
> without notice.  But if enough people like it we might run our own
> Shiny Server at some point in the future.  Enjoy!  (And thanks,
> Isabela, for suggesting Shiny!)

If you feel that's interesting enough, would it be possible to also
add the number of download of cryptographic signatures to the graph?

I also would love to see a breakdown by operating systems if you
consider it a reasonable thing to do.

Seeing these graphs really made my day, I had been hoping for them for
a long time (#10675 which maybe should be closed). Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>