[tor-dev] OnionView : A GUI to view circuits & streams

Kevin Steen ks at kevinsteen.net
Thu Sep 15 18:40:09 UTC 2016

I wanted a way to watch the streams being created while using
TorBrowser, so I've created a Python Tk GUI to show the circuits and
their associated streams:

  https://github.com/skyguy/onionview

Each circuit is shown with the relays' country codes and nicknames.
Streams are listed below the circuit they're attached to, showing the
domain name and resolved IP. The view scrolls automatically when a
circuit or stream is first shown.

It's quite simple, without any bells and whistles yet, but quite useful
to see what's going on while waiting for a webpage to display, so I
thought I'd put it out there in case someone else finds it useful.

OnionView uses the excellent Stem library, so make sure you have that
installed. It works with Python 2 and 3.

All feedback and advice welcome!

-Kevin