[tor-dev] Tor Browser downloads and updates graphs

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Sep 12 14:22:02 UTC 2016

On 12 September 2016 at 03:37, Rob van der Hoeven
<robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl> wrote:
> One thing bothers me. The update requests graph never touches zero. It
> should, because that would mean that all Tor browsers have been updated.
> 100.000 seems to be the lowest value.

I'm not surprised by this at all. I think a very common mode of usage
is people who have TB on their computer but don't use it regularly. (I
have several friends like this.) Only when they want to search for
something 'embarrassing' (medical conditions, etc) will they use it.
With an update cycle of one-two months between releases, it's likely
these people are actually _never_ up to date (unless they choose to
restart TB during their browsing session.)

-tom