[tor-dev] How to query HS hostname from control port

Jesse V kernelcorn at riseup.net
Thu Sep 8 23:16:26 UTC 2016

Well, this certainly triggered more conversation than I was expecting. I
was simply wondering if there was such a method call, and apparently
there isn't. That's okay.

I thought about this and decided to go with Yawning's suggestion to just
use ADD_ONION and then record the returned RSA private key. It's easy
enough to add that same key back into Tor whenever I want. There are
several main advantages with this route, including isolating my
software's data from Tor's and requiring fewer modifications to torrc.
It just seems cleaner in general.

--
Jesse V