[tor-dev] Building Torsocks for Armv7 - Build error

Luca Bertoni lucabertoni at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:24:43 UTC 2016

Goodmorning,
I hope this is the correct section where to ask about building Torsocks. If that is the wrong place I apoligize and ask for a reference that can help me.
So, I am trying to build torsocks for my armv7 smartphone. What I'm talking about is a cross-compilation, done using autools.
After I have generated the configure script executing autogen.sh I configure torsocks using "./configure --host=armv7" and that doesn't raise errors.
When I try to build it (using gnu-make) I get an error:
../src/lib/.libs/libtorsocks.a(log.o):(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `tsocks_loglevel'
test_connect.o:(.data+0x0): first defined here
I know what the error means but I can not figure out if I'm doing something wrong (that is the first time I cross-compile something so I am a newbie) or if there is a bug in the software. If it is a bug in the software I would like to submit it
I downloaded torsocks from github (latest tag/release) and I am trying to build it using Debian 8.6 and gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2.

Thanks,
Luca.

Luca Bertoni