[tor-dev] performance of CREATE/CREATED handshake

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Wed Oct 12 11:37:24 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I'm currently thinking about a new scalable network architecture for
Tor. In order to get some idea about the performance of this
architecture I need some data about the CREATE/CREATED handshake. This
handshake involves PK encryption which is of course time consuming, and
this probably determines the maximum client-capacity of a node in my new
network architecture. I'm interested in two values:

1) The average circuit-rate of a single client (circuits/sec)
2) The average CPU-time it takes to perform a CREATE/CREATED handshake.

Any data on these questions is much appreciated.

Rob.
https://hoevenstein.nl