[tor-dev] prop224: Maximum introduction points in a descriptor

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Tue Oct 11 19:39:12 UTC 2016

Hello Tor-Dev!

As part of some discussions that happened at the Seattle Tor Meeting few weeks
ago, we've talked about the number of introduction points in an hidden service
descriptor for proposal 224 (next generation HS).

I've attached a spec change with the values ranging:

    Minimum: 0 - Default: 3 - Maximum: 20

The changes from what we have right now is basically the maximum. We would
like to go from 10 to 20. It's arbitrary for now but one of the main reasons
is to allow tools like OnionBalance to be able to scale more as we heard from
large HS operators that they would like to go above 60 (10 * 6 HSDirs).

Let us know what you think!

Cheers!
David