[tor-dev] prop224: What should we do with torrc options?

Jesse V kernelcorn at torproject.org
Wed Nov 23 19:09:21 UTC 2016

On 11/23/2016 09:39 AM, David Goulet wrote:
> I agree with you on the fact that ADD_ONION is nice and also crucial to hidden
> service as well. That will be addressed with the control port implementation
> of next generation. It's still an undecided part of the engineering work which
> is how we are going to proceed with it. Do we change the current
> events/commands to support both v2 and v3? Do we make new events/commands for
> v3? ... (#20699)

I suggest that we create new commands for v3. This will allow us to
officially deprecate the old APIs and its more intuitive for developers
since the distinction is clearer. This is also a golden opportunity to
change "HiddenServiceX" to "OnionServiceX" if we want to officially
transition the lingo.

--
Jesse