[tor-dev] Removing Countries with Low Counts from Metrics

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:38:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

Have we considered removing countries with low counts from metrics?
(This probably means removing the metrics at the relays, not just the graphs.)

For example, two places that are close to home for me:
https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html?graph=userstats-relay-country&country=cx&events=on
https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html?graph=userstats-relay-country&country=cc&events=on

If you suspected that someone was one of the few users on either of these
small islands, it would be easy to monitor these graphs and determine when
they were using Tor.

Particularly in combination with the Australian Government's ISP-based
metadata retention.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n