[tor-dev] [GSoC] Tails Server - status report

segfault segfault at riseup.net
Fri May 6 18:04:58 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

this is the first status report on the Tails Server GSoC project. I
officially began working on it on April 25th, although I already did
some work in the weeks before.

This is what I have done so far:

* Updating the blueprint of the Tails Server [1]

* Implementing two iterations of prototypes of the GUI. The most recent
one is available on gitlab [2].

* Discussing the design of the GUI on the Tails-UX mailing list [3][4]

* I began implementing the CLI, the current code (not ready for review
yet) is also available on gitlab [2]

Next I plan to continue the design of the GUI, after others commented on
the new prototype. There are still some features missing which I will
implement in time. In parallel I will continue implementing the CLI and
discussing the design decisions.

I did quite a lot during the last two weeks and I will have some other
work to do in the next two weeks, so I expect to get less work done
until the next report.

Cheers!

[1] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/tails_server/
[2] https://gitlab.com/segfault_/tails_server