[tor-dev] Tor Volunteer - Censorship analyser

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Thu May 5 14:17:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 11:33:54PM +0200, Lucia Di Marco wrote:
> My questions here are only two: do you think this project is not needed
> anymore now we have a lot of recent data about censorship in other
> countries (OONI Explorer) and other tools? If I develop this software (I
> will probably do it even if the answer to the first question is "yes"), can
> I ask the Tor community (tor-dev?) for help in testing and improving
> proposals?

Hi Lucia,

I still think that this could be useful.  To make it useful, however, a
bunch of boring engineering and usability challenges must be tackled:
the executable should be self-contained, portable, and easy to use.  I
say "boring" because these challenges are usually not what students find
very interesting.

It's certainly fine to ask tor-dev@ for feedback.  I think several
people, me included, would be happy to provide feedback once you have a
prototype.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Philipp