[tor-dev] Notes from the prop259 proposal reading group

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Mar 25 13:56:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 01:51:53PM +0200, George Kadianakis wrote:
>   In the future we should make it so that all Guards are both Stable and Fast,
>   so that this stupid check does not need to happen [TODO: I should open a
>   ticket for this if it doesn't already exist].

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/18624 -- it even comes
with a patch. :)

>   In the future (almost) all guards will be directory guards so this should
>   become less of an issue (see #12538).

On first thought, I would advocate for a similar approach here - if
almost all guards are foo, and it's complicated to handle non-foo guards,
and simple to ask guards to do foo, then let's do the simple thing.

--Roger