[tor-dev] Request for feedback/victims: cfc

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Thu Mar 24 12:33:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 14:09 -0400, Paul Syverson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:33:15PM -0400, Adam Shostack wrote:
> > Random thought: rather than "unreachable from Tor", "unreachable when
> > using the internet safely."  This is really about people wanting
> > security, and these companies not wanting to grapple with what their
> > customers want.
>
> Yes! Not random at all. When trying to succincly contrast current means
> to access and use registered-domain sites vs. onionsites I not infrequently
> slip into calling them the insecure web and the secure web respectively.

Yes, that sounds reasonable.  There would be a bunch of linguistic
decisions like that.  I suggested waiting until Kate finishes her
CloudFlare FAQ specifically because she would already be making many
relevant such decisions.

I think the main technical question is : How hard is it to safely use
whois from JavaScript?

Jeff