[tor-dev] (no subject)

Huy Vu Quoc huyvq.c633 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 04:01:15 UTC 2016

Hi Arlo,

> It may be prudent to consider a memory-managed language (I'll suggest golang here as popular choice) for the server component.

It is good to know that I can use golang to develop the server
component. I am going to rewrite this part.

> Wherever possible, we'd like to avoid modals and use the notification bar. There's also a suggestion to grey out the conversation window and use a throbber here, https://github.com/arlolra/ctypes-otr/issues/20

Since the monitoring protocol is done periodically so there certainly
exist a case of an unexpected key change whereas there are not any
conversation windows. In such a case, how do we show the message using
the notification bar? I think that a popup modal is a good choice for
this situation.

Btw, I also added a timeout enforcement for responding to events in my
proposal. Timeout for requests is 100ms and this can be changed based
on some surveys and tests during development phase (may the
registration request take a longer time than other requests?).

Best Regards,
Vu Huy