[tor-dev] Request for feedback/victims: cfc

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Wed Mar 23 11:00:29 UTC 2016

[I hate replying to myself.]

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:15:36 +0000
Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:
> My "proof of concept" tech demo is what I consider good enough for
> use by brave people that aren't me, so I have put up an XPI package
> at: https://people.torproject.org/~yawning/volatile/cfc-20160323/

I noticed some dumb bugs and UI issues in the version I pushed so I
changed a lot of things and uploaded a new version that should be
better behaved.  In particular:

 * It is now Content Script based, and does IPC so it may survive the
   transition to sandboxed/multiprocess firefox better.

 * It will always inject a button into the DOM instead of trying to
   display browser UI stuff (content scripts are supposed to have
   isolation...).

   * The UI selection pref is removed.

   * The ask on captcha option for behavior is removed, since a button
     always will be there to bypass it.

   now behave correctly.

The old release is under `./old` for posterity.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

--
Yawning Angel