[tor-dev] Notes from the prop224 proposal reading group

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Mar 17 12:29:04 UTC 2016

George Kadianakis <desnacked at riseup.net> writes:

> [ text/plain ]
> Hello,
>
> so we had a meeting about the future of "Next Generation Hidden Services" aka prop224.
> It was a good meeting.

Also, please see my torspec branch `prop224-fixes` for some torspec changes on prop224.
My branch is sitting on top of the prop224 branch of special/dgoulet.

You can see it here: https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/asn/torspec.git/log/?h=prop224-fixes

My branch changes are quite straightforward. The only messy part is the top
commit which changes the ntor crypto a bit, because that section was not
finished. There were various undefined variables being used from prop216. I
introduced the ones missing and now it should be fine™.

Stuff I need to look into next:
- Can we simplify the backwards compat logic?
- Should we add extensions to the rendezvous cells (at the cost of failing backwards compat)?
- Address more TODOs (there are a bunch of hard ones in there).
- Clean up some messy sections.
- Figure out the fate of UPDATE-KEYS-SUBCMD (see my previous mail).

Feedback is welcome.