[tor-dev] Core Tor / Network Team meeting time updates.

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Wed Mar 16 18:04:49 UTC 2016

Hi, all!

I've got a doodle poll open on http://doodle.com/poll/nvx26m4cxspryf3e
to try to find the best time for a network team meeting.

So far, it looks like our options are somewhat constrained, since we
have people who are living from UTC-7 through UTC+11, and a wide range
of time zones in between.

(Karsten has said he's okay with us picking a time he can only-sorta
make. Isabela claims she has no sleep schedule and can meet whenever.)

In particular, we're going to have a hard time having both George and
Teor on the same meeting, since whenever they're both available, all
the west-coast-US people are asleep.  Asking people to start meetings
before 0800 or after 2200 in their personal time zones is not IMO nice
or okay, so let's not try to do that.

So, my favorite option ("Find some magical time when everybody can
make it")  is out.

So, as I see it here are our options:

  A. Pick a time when as many people as possible can attend.  Include
people who can't make that time by doing one or more of these:
     A1. Encourage everybody to catch up informally with everybody who
can't attend.
     A2. Work with the people who can't attend, and whoever has a
schedule closest to theirs, to make sure that there is a supplemental
topic meeting on topics of their joint interest.
     A3. In addition to meetbot logs, keep minutes of the meetings and
send them to tor-dev.

  B. Try to pick two or more times such that everybody can make one or
the other. Try to solve disconnectedness by doing one or more of
these:
     B1. Encourage everybody who can attend both to do so.
     B2. Make Nick and Isabela attend both.
     B3. Try to make sure there are at least 3 times, with several
people shared pairwise between each.
     B4. Minutes as above.

  C. We all move to a nice tropical island.

Thoughts?  Especially from regular attendees or would-be-regular attendees?

peace,
--
Nick