[tor-dev] [GSoC] CONIKS implementation for Tor Messenger

Huy Vu Quoc huyvq.c633 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:26:32 UTC 2016

Dear devs,

My name is Huy, and I am a computer science student at Hanoi
University of Science and Technology, Vietnam.

GSoC is a great opportunity for me to contribute to Tor. I have been
watching the development of Tor Messenger since its release. As my
major is cryptography, I find the idea “implement and integrate CONIKS
for Tor Messenger” very interesting.

I am studying the CONIKS paper and my confusions were mostly answered
in Elias's thread. I'm thinking about how to integrate CONIKS module
to current implementation of Tor Messenger. I have some questions to
ask:
- A standard for data formats & protocol: I know the standard is
essential for the project, so can I define a standard when developing
(with your review) or I have to wait for your work in future?

Another question about GSoC:
- What should be deliverable by mid-term of GSoC?

Btw, I also created a pull-request for ctypes-otr project on Github.

Best,
Huy Vu