[tor-dev] A meta-package for Pluggable Transports?

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Thu Jun 30 19:31:00 UTC 2016

Tom van der Woerdt:
> How about a conf.d style folder that plugins like bridges can drop files in?
>
> $ yum install -y obfs4proxy
> $ cat /etc/tor/torrc.d/obfs4.conf
> ServerTransportPlugin obfs3,obfs4 exec /usr/bin/obfs4proxy managed
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:9013
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:9014
> $ systemctl restart tor

In this case you'd still have to know what obfs4proxy is or when and
where to get it. It doesn't solve the problem of the need to catch up
with censorship and tor development. And to break a news for you...
obfs5 is coming soon. What are we gonna do when that comes out? What do
we call the package? This also doesn't help running any other transports
like meek.

Best,
--
Nima
0X58C4B928A3E218F6 | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall