[tor-dev] remoTor 1.2 - parses tor log to catch exfiltrations

carlo von lynX lynX at time.to.get.psyced.org
Fri Jun 24 15:33:01 UTC 2016

=== remoTor is a whole lot smarter than last time now. ===

When remoTor is running on the same machine as tor, it can
now also monitor the hostnames the tor process is building
circuits for. You may want to do this if you have devices in
your house that you don't trust, for example. The regular Tor
control protocol doesn't let you have this information other
than by continously polling the stream status, and even then
you may miss out on some short exfiltration going on. remoTor
lets you have this information and even lets you study it
later rather than having to keep your eyes on the control
console all the time.

Also, a person at the remoTor console can now interact with
the people in the chatroom using the built-in chat. No PSYC
software is complete if it isn't also a chat client. You can
also forward the hostname monitoring information to that
chatroom, or simply use a 'psyclisten' if you don't like to
install an entire psyced server. psyclisten is provided with
the perlpsyc library. Or you can simply ignore this feature.

remoTor and psycion now have their own web pages generated
out of perldoc:
    http://perlpsyc.cheettyiapsyciew.onion/remotor
    http://perlpsyc.cheettyiapsyciew.onion/psycion

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:04:55PM +0000, Nima Fatemi wrote:
> Here's the information I need from you:
>
> Name of the project, along with a paragraph explaining the significance
> of the project and why it matters.
> Link to the project, and name or the handle of the maintainer

## remoTor

remoTor is a console-based Tor controller and log analyzer
with optional chat notification.

	http://perlpsyc.cheettyiapsyciew.onion/remotor
	maintainer: vonlynX

> Happy Friday!
> --
> Nima

Thank you, Nima.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/