[tor-dev] Onionoo: MaxMind AS data - reaching out

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Sun Jun 19 20:59:41 UTC 2016

Hi Karsten,

(off trac reply since the ticket is closed)

Karsten wrote (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19420):
> The June 6 database is currently deployed and the June 13 database is
> the latest I could download from MaxMind. It looks like they broke
> something, and it seems unlikely that they'll fix that in the next
> database unless somebody tells them. Would you want to reach out to
> them and see if they can fix this?

did someone already reach out to maxmind?

If not:
I would do it if you could send me the URL from where you downloaded the
input file used by onionoo (maxmind page) and date/version (if it
changed since the statement made above).

It seems they are using the first "descr" line they find as AS name.

Examples:

http://bgp.he.net/AS1759#_whois
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/337B7E307550F48DCDADA7481FA8436B2FCDADA9

http://bgp.he.net/AS8708#_whois