[tor-dev] [GSoC 2016] Exitmap Improvements Project - Status Report #1

gunes acar gunes.acar at esat.kuleuven.be
Sun Jun 5 18:04:01 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-05 19:31, meejah wrote:
> Mridul Malpotra <mridul.malpotra at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> As suggested in the proposal, using Selenium seems like the right
>> choice. I have read about the RC and WebDriver and have decided to go
>> forward with the latter [..]
>
> +1 on this choice, WebDriver is the newer (and better) API.

I think RC will be removed in the upcoming Selenium 3, so another +1 for
the WebDriver.

FWIW, we've been developing a Python WebDriver library to automate Tor
Browser:
https://github.com/webfp/tor-browser-selenium

TBB nightly tests used to include Selenium tests before moving to
Marionette. Could be useful to check them as well:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/boklm/tor-browser-bundle-testsuite.git/tree/selenium-tests?id=a434afd98d9a2b0c02f7d60382e1470667adb7b2