[tor-dev] DescripTor 1.2.0 is released

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Thu Jun 2 16:22:16 UTC 2016

> Oh, it always had two names, metrics-lib and DescripTor.  We have been
> referring to it as DescripTor lately, that's why I used that name in
> the announcement.  But it's the same thing.

Ahhhh! Gotcha. For what it's worth metrics-lib strikes me as a much
better name...

* That's what most things I'm aware of refer to. Its git repo, our
descriptor parser comparison table, etc. An alternate name is kinda
confusing.

* Names are often written in lowercase (import statements, etc) so
DescripTor becomes descriptor, the thing it's fetching. That's kinda
confusing.

Anyway, just food for thought. Besides the tarball name I'm not
spotting much use of the DescripTor name so it could be pretty easy to
standardize on metrics-lib if you wanted.

Cheers! -Damian