[tor-dev] [GSoC] Tails Server - status report 5

segfault segfault at riseup.net
Sun Jul 17 13:27:53 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

this is the fifth status report on the Tails Server GSoC project.

I did two batches of user tests in the last two weeks, with five
participants each. The results were mixed, more skilled users had a
better user experience than less skilled users. I will try to solve the
problems discovered and make it more user-friendly for less skilled
users. You can read my reports and the following discussions on the
Tails-UX mailinglist [1].

[1] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2016-July/thread.html

Other things I did in the last two weeks:

- Fix and improve the "clickable label"-widget I implemented

- Implement the autostart feature

- Write documentation

- Make the application translatable

- Refactor the code

- Fix several bugs

You can still download nightly images from here [2], but the recent
images don't include the latest changes yet. They will be included in
the next few days.

Cheers!