[tor-dev] [GSOC 16] Ahmia status update #4

Ismael R zma at riseup.net
Fri Jul 15 19:11:17 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm working on ahmia.fi, the hidden service search engine and you're
reading status update #4.

The django part rewrite detailled in report #3 is nearly done.
Next step is to synchronize the work done on crawler and index with the django
app.
I also want to add more tests and documentation.

Because we are not storing hidden service information on SQL anymore, the main
challenge will be to rethink how to get statistics from index. I will write
about this in a later report, but I think it is doable with elasticsearch's
metrics aggregation.

A lot of code has been removed from the project (be it deprecated, duplicated,
doable with django framework, or by elasticsearch). I think the project is
going to be easier to improve, and the barrier to start being a contributor
will be lower.

Changes are not yet available upstream because the other projects (crawler and
index) need work as well. This is what the other contributors and I are going
to do during the next two weeks.

See you in two weeks :)
Ismael