[tor-dev] Adding depictor/stem to Jenkins

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Tue Jul 5 19:48:43 UTC 2016

On 5 July 2016 at 14:34, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Tom, just food for thought but another option would be a cron task
> that pulls the repos and runs that if there's a change. That's what I
> do for stem's website so it reflects the changes I push.

I think that's a good model for webpages-backed-by-git, but less so
for integration/software testing.

I could probably rig something up like that locally, but I'd have to
make it detect a crash and email me. The advantage of jenkins is it
will do that automatically, on infrastructure I don't have to worry
about maintaining[0], as well as making the crash details public.
There's a chance it might even detect a break in stem.

-tom

[0] A problem I've had a lot is that my 'email me stuff' scripts will
stop emailing... and I never find out they're failing!