[tor-dev] [GSoC] Tails Server - status report 4
segfault at riseup.net
Sat Jul 2 00:58:44 UTC 2016
this is the fourth status report on the Tails Server GSoC project.
First off: There are nightly images of Tails with integrated Tails
Server available for download . Some notes if you want to test it:
- Installation of the first service will take several minutes, because
the APT package lists have to be downloaded
- If you boot the image in a VM, the loading spinners won't spin. I
couldn't yet figure out why.
- The Gobby Service's status does not turn to "stopped", it remains in
Here is what I did in the last two weeks:
* Work on the GUI
* Implement three different approaches to edit the options. Discuss
each of them on the tails-ux mailing list. Start conducting short user
tests to get some data on which approach provides the best UX.
* Implement a status line (this replaces the loading window I
* Group the options
* Rework the displayed connection info
* A lot of smaller improvements
* Use stem to create ephemeral hidden services instead of editing torrc
* Implement reset of the onion address
* Make Gobby Server work
* Integrate Tails Server into Tails
* Fix a lot of issues
Next up is (still) writing a short documentation for the upcoming user
tests. Then I will begin to conduct the user tests. Also, the autostart
and client authentication features are still not implemented. And I plan
to include some doxygen-like specification in the code.
More information about the tor-dev