[tor-dev] Introducing Snowflake (webrtc pt)

Serene serene at torproject.org
Wed Jan 27 05:06:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Griffin Boyce <griffin at cryptolab.net> wrote:
>   This is really great work, Serene ^_^  Once it is a bit more stable (and
> perhaps audited!), I'd be happy to incorporate Snowflake into Cupcake if
> that's useful.

Thanks Griffin! ^_^ That would indeed be useful and wonderful -- let's
definitely make Snowflake frosted Cupcakes!

>   I am curious why you chose CoffeeScript for the proxy, rather than
> JavaScript.

I happened to be familiar with Coffeescript, enjoy its structures and
idioms, and find I'm much quicker & productive writing in it. It's
reasonably debuggable in-browser, and the generated javascript, though
not "pretty", is very "correct" - so it seemed a fun choice to me :)

~s