[tor-dev] Introducing Snowflake (webrtc pt)

Arlo Breault arlo at torproject.org
Mon Jan 25 23:37:33 UTC 2016

> What are your plans for getting https://github.com/keroserene/go-webrtc
> to build completely in a deterministic manner?

Just opened an issue, so that's about as far as we are
in the planning stages.
https://github.com/keroserene/go-webrtc/issues/29

>  The several hours isn't
> per platform right? (The "easy way" is not going to cut it for
> distribution).

No, that's just to do the `gclient sync`.
Building itself is only ~10 mins on my machine.

> What are your plans for actually getting the server side to scale
> well?  Since you're using cgo you will run into Really Interesting
> behavior wrt OS threads as you try to increase concurrency.

The proxy ("snowflake") to server connection is using the currently
deployed WebSocket bridge. The WebRTC part is only to avoid the
incoming connecting to the client. I don't think the current websocket
server pt uses cgo, right? It's a native implementation. But I should
look ...