[tor-dev] Notes from 1st Tor proposal reading group [prop241, prop247, prop259]

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Jan 19 22:20:56 UTC 2016

Paul and others: Here is the meetbot log from the meeting:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-dev/2016/tor-dev.2016-01-19-16.03.log.html

George and I also discussed RP and IP usage after the meeting as well. I
will be updating Prop#247 with that discussion.  I'll send a link when
I'm done. I may also work on txtorcon mockup of Prop#247 for testing,
but this may prove difficult due to control port limitations.

Isis will updating prop#259. We also generally agreed on merging #241
and #259, but I don't think anyone took that specific action item. Nick
offered to file tickets, though.

More replies below.

Paul Syverson:
> Hi George,
>
> Crap. I missed this buried at the bottom of Nick's general
> announcement last Thursday about reviewing Tor Proposals (which was
> in my big backlog of threads to get to, and I did not notice its specific
> relevance to guards and onion services till I saw here).
>
> When is the next one of these (guard proposals review discussion)? Are
> they listed on some general schedule somewhere? I see the reference to
> the little t-tor meeting tomorrow. (A) when is that? (B) Is there an
> agenda? Will the whole thing be devoted to discussing these three proposals?
> (I don't know if/when I can participate given other obligations
> but would like to know what when will be happening.)

Nick is sending the proposal review mails to this list. For the current
schedule, see:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-January/010219.html

The Tor meeting tomorrow is at 1330 UTC (==0830 am eastern). The agenda
is ticket dev progress updates, and then discussion. If you have
comments on the proposal updates, you can jump in during the discussion.