[tor-dev] Needs Code Review: Shared Randomness Generation for Tor

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Jan 12 14:46:21 UTC 2016

Hello there,

we are happy to tell you that we finished coding proposal 250 and our first
attempt at implementation is ready for review.

You can find the final specification here:
     https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dgoulet/torspec.git/log/?h=prop250_final_v1
and the corresponding code here:
     https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dgoulet/tor.git/log/?h=prop250_final_v1

Trac ticket #16943 (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16943) will
be used for code review. Please use this mailing list to discuss any issues
with the spec.

Some notes: We've separated this in 7 commits prefixed with prop250: except
first one that adds a needed tor_htonll/ntohll function to tor utils. This code
is mostly contained in two *new* files (with their headers) that are
shared-random.{c|h} and shared-random-state.{c|h}.

For what it's worth, we expect this code to run for a long time before the
shared random values generated by the authorities are used for anything
(e.g. HSDir scrambling).

Cheers!