[tor-dev] Relay Database: Existing Schemas?

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Fri Feb 26 23:23:11 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:

> On 15/04/15 21:18, nusenu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm planing to store relay data in a database for analysis. I
>> assume others have done so as well, so before going ahead and
>> designing a db schema I'd like to make sure I didn't miss
>> pre-existing db schemas one could build on.
>>
>> Data to be stored: - (most) descriptor fields - everything that
>> onionoo provides in a details record (geoip, asn, rdns, tordnsel,
>> cw, ...) - historic records
>>
>> I didn't find something matching so far, so I'll go ahead, but if
>> you know of other existing relay db schemas I'd like to hear about
>> it.
>>
>> thanks, nusenu
>>

>> "GSoC2013: Searchable Tor descriptor archive" (Kostas Jakeliunas)
>> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2013/wfn/
>>

> 5866452879933440
>> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-May/004923.html
>>

> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-September/005357.htm
>> l https://github.com/wfn/torsearch (btw, someone knows the license
>> of this?)
>
> Cc'ing Kostas for this question.

Hi nusenu,

I've been going through old mail, and on 2015-04-16 you asked about
about a license (see above).

Just added a LICENSE file - can't hurt (standard BSD 3-clause).

If you're still by any chance collating (ha) and/or want to talk about
schema design for descriptors (I personally would not lose hope for
RDBMSes for large datasets - not until one gets into *actually* big
data - say, terabytes at least, or more - but of course it gets
nuanced real fast).

--

Kostas.

0x0e5dce45 @ pgp.mit.edu