[tor-dev] Fwd: Downloadable content: Fonts!

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Thu Feb 25 16:40:16 UTC 2016

I think this strays a bit far afield from tor-dev, but..

If an academic group was interested in basically redesigning the web to
be more sane, then Servo might be a good place to start.

There are a whole bunch of things one could do, like forcing much more
to be catchable by using content based addressing, restrict cross
site/origin communication to be with single use blind signed tokens
and/or involve user approval, restrict the role of javascript, embed a
better PKI, etc.  All the stuff that TBB cannot do because it'd break
to many sites.

In short, one could attempt to build a better freenet using grants for
"security" work.  And the long game would be to guilt the browser
makers and web standards people into tightening things up.