[tor-dev] Git users, enable fsck by default!

Peter Palfrader weasel at torproject.org
Tue Feb 2 17:56:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> The tl;dr here is:
>    * By default Git doesn't verify the sha1 checksums it receives by default.
>    * It doesn't look like we've got any inconsistencies in our
> repositories I use, though. That's good!
>    * To turn on verification, I think you run:
>
>     git config --add  transfer.fsckobjects true
>     git config --add  fetch.fsckobjects true
>     git config --add  receive.fsckobjects true

I suspect that setting things globally (in your ~/.gitconfig)
  git config --global --add  transfer.fsckobjects true
  git config --global --add  fetch.fsckobjects true
  git config --global --add  receive.fsckobjects true
might also work.  (However, I haven't verified it.)

Cheers,
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System