[tor-dev] blacklisting relays with end-to-end correlation capabilities?

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Thu Dec 8 13:03:00 UTC 2016

Dear tor directory authorities,

TLDR: Would you blacklist relays with end-to-end correlation capabilities?

I'm asking to find out whether it makes sense to put any effort into
finding such operators [2]. If most dir auths would not blacklist such
relays than it does not make sense to look for them I guess.

So please let us know whats your opinion on that - thank you.

More information below and there [1]:

The process could look something like this:

- someone identifies such a relay groups (basically based on contactinfo
[2])
- contact the operators asking to fix this (ideally this would be a
@torproject.org sender)
- give them 15 days to fix it
- if not fixed: blacklist respective guard relays
- give them the possibility to get removed from the blacklist once fixed

teor [1]:
> And, of course, it's worth noting that the ContactInfo might be
> incorrect, so we would have to do this on a case-by-case basis, and
> convince the directory authority operators it's a sensible thing to
> do.

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-December/011715.html
[2] examples:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ornetstats/stats/master/o/potentially_dangerous_relaygroups.txt