[tor-dev] Scheduling future Tor proposal reading groups

Jeremy Rand jeremyrand at airmail.cc
Sun Dec 4 16:20:47 UTC 2016

George Kadianakis:
> Hello people,
>
> in the beginning of 2016 we started organizing little-t-tor proposal
> reading groups in IRC, where we would discuss the current status of Tor
> proposals and coordinate on how to move them forward. You can see a list
> of previous such meetings here:
>          https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/MeetingSchedule#Proposalreviewmeetings
>
> Unfortunately at some point, 2016 started showing its true self, and we kind of
> stopped doing those meetings in March. But they were useful, and we should
> probably start doing them again!
>
> I went through the mailing list and found a few interesting subjects that could
> benefit from group discussion. Here are some ideas:
[snip]

> - A name system API for Tor
>
>   This is a proposal suggesting a single API that allows us to integrate secure
>   name systems with Tor hidden services:
>     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-October/011514.html
>
>   The proposal received useful feedback in and out of the mailing list. It
>   seems that implementing the proposal as part of a Tor controller might be an
>   easier way to test it. Some discussion on future directions might be helpful
>   here, as this is something that will be needed sooner than later.

I'd be happy to participate in a meeting on the name system API.  It
might also be useful to have someone present from the I2P community, to
provide some perspective on interoperability between what Tor does and
what I2P does.  (Or for that matter any other system that might use a
pluggable name system API with similar use cases to Tor and I2P.)

Cheers,
-Jeremy