[tor-dev] Bifroest's sanitized bridge descriptors available from CollecTor in 48 hours from now

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Aug 31 19:30:26 UTC 2016

On 29/08/16 20:19, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> if you're not using CollecTor's sanitized bridge descriptors for
> anything, you can safely ignore this message.
>
> As you may know, there are currently two bridge directory
> authorities in the Tor network, Tonga and Bifroest, and Tonga will
> go away some time this weekend.
>
> You can fetch sanitized versions of Tonga's bridge descriptors
> here:
>
> https://collector.torproject.org/recent/bridge-descriptors/
>
> We're also now ready to provide sanitized versions of Bifroest's
> bridge descriptors.  The only differences to Tonga's descriptors
> are:
>
> - Statuses will have Bifroest's fingerprint in their file name
> rather than Tonga's.  Example:
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/20160829-164232-1D8F3A91C37C5D1C4C19B1AD1D0CFBE8BF72D8E1
>

> - There will be two "concurrent" statuses published by Tonga and
> Bifroest this week, containing two distinct sets of bridges.
>
> I'm holding back Bifroest's descriptors from CollecTor for another
> 48 hours or so to give you time to prepare for this change.  After
> all, you might have written your code under the assumption that
> there's just a single bridge authority, and the above change might
> confuse your code and break it.  Everything will be on CollecTor in
> 48 hours from now.

There, Bifroest's sanitized bridge descriptors are now available on
CollecTor:

https://collector.torproject.org/recent/bridge-descriptors/statuses/

The statuses with fingerprint 1D8F3A91C37C5D1C4C19B1AD1D0CFBE8BF72D8E1
are from Bifroest, those with 4A0CCD2DDC7995083D73F5D667100C8A5831F16D
are from Tonga.

https://collector.torproject.org/recent/bridge-descriptors/server-descriptors/

https://collector.torproject.org/recent/bridge-descriptors/extra-infos/

The server descriptors and extra-info descriptors files written at
on over two days of bridge descriptors by Bifroest that we had ignored
until now.

Let me know if something broke and you think I can do anything about it.

All the best,
Karsten