[tor-dev] Not enabling IPv6 on check.torproject.org?

Iain R. Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Thu Aug 18 13:06:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:13:08AM +0000, isis agora lovecruft wrote:
>  - Patching Check [1] to use server descriptors (rather than networkstatus
>    documents) and to additionally (in the Stem script) pull IPv6 addresses
>    from stem.descriptor.server_descriptor.RelayDescriptor.or_addresses.

With IPv6 this can be more complicated, as relays may be using "Privacy
Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6" (RFC4941) which
means that these IP addresses may change often.

We should probably give some advice to relay operators to ask them to
disable privacy extensions?

Thanks,
Iain.