[tor-dev] txtorcon 0.15.1

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Fri Aug 12 18:21:41 UTC 2016

"Iain R. Learmonth" <irl at torproject.org> writes:

> Will get this packaged over the weekend. (:

Sweet :)

> For those interested, I am also packaging txtorcon for jessie-backports and
> for Ubuntu suites on deb.tpo, as this is a dependency of ooniprobe.

FWIW, I have seen a few warnings recently about txtorcon being removed
from testing because tor will be. But, I'm not sure that tor should be a
*dependency* of txtorcon (just recommended). Obviously, it's not going
to be super useful without a Tor to talk to ;) but you might have built
tor yourself from source etc. (or even have it running on a different
machine).

Probably there's some Debian policy guidance around this that I don't
know about :)

Thansk again for the packaging work!
meejah