[tor-dev] Orfox: Tor Browser for Android - GSoC 2016

Amogh Pradeep amoghbl1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 02:41:44 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

I’m amoghbl1, a 3rd year undergraduate student at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.
I have been selected to work on Orfox this summer as part of Google Summer of Code. Here is my proposal if anyone wants to take a look at it: http://people.torproject.org/~amoghbl1/GSoC_2016.pdf <http://people.torproject.org/~amoghbl1/GSoC_2016.pdf> .

I have tried to contribute to tor project as much as I can since 2013. I started working on Orbot late 2013 and did GSoC with tor in 2014. Since then, I have tried to involve myself with this community as much as I can. Trying to balance college work and my open source work has been difficult, but I’ve tried my best and have dedicated the past two summers to tor. In 2014, it was GSoC and in 2015, I went on to become an intern at The Guardian Project. This summer, I get to contribute again and hope to continue doing so after the summer as well.

I will also be pursuing research this summer, as a visiting scholar at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. But the best part is, I am going to do research browser fingerprinting risks for mobile browsers and Orfox. So I guess I get to enjoy the best of both worlds of research and development!

Please do let me know if you have any suggestions, I’m always available on email and IRC. amoghbl1 on OFTC as well as Freenode.

Best,
Amogh Pradeep
amoghbl1 at gmail.com <mailto:amoghbl1 at gmail.com>