[tor-dev] Questions about "Tor Messenger CONIKS integration"

Go simplesmtptest123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:28:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

For the first question: I understand that the private indices obfuscate the
usernames. But when computing an index i for a username u, the CONIKS
server will see u in plaintext rather than hashed or encrypted results of u
(correct me if I'm wrong). In this case, a CONIKS server controlled by an
attacker will be able to collect the usernames of new registered users,
right?

Thanks!