[tor-dev] Latest state of the guard algorithm proposal (prop259) (April 2016)

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Apr 13 18:04:53 UTC 2016

Greetings STRIKE team!

It seems like the latest version of prop259 was posted a few weeks ago:
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-March/010625.html

My understanding is that since then a few things have changed particularly with
regards to the dystopic heuristic, and the various filtering torrc options.
More discussion happened in the mailing list, but we have not posted a
newer version of the proposal yet:
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-April/010714.html

A few things:

a) Are there still proposal design decisions that need to be taken and we are
   unclear on? I admit I'm a bit lost in the latest [tor-dev] thread, so maybe
   I can be of help somehow here?

b) Have you guys updated your version of the torspec based on the mailing list
   discussions? Is it possible to post the latest version in the mailing list?

   A few people have enquired about the latest version of the proposal, and I'm
   hesitant to send them the latest [tor-dev] release of the proposal because
   maybe too many things have changed since then.

c) Let me know if there are any open implementation questions that I could
   assist with.

Cheers!