[tor-dev] Is it possible to leak huge load of data over onions?

Jesse V kernelcorn at riseup.net
Mon Apr 4 11:36:06 UTC 2016

On 04/03/2016 08:48 PM, Ivan Markin wrote:
> Recently someone leaked enormous amount of docs (2.6 TiB) to the
> journalists [1]. It's still hard to do such thing even over plain old
> Internet. Highly possible that these docs were transfered on a physical
> hard drive despite doing so is really *risky*.

One technique would be to generate a torrent of the encrypted data,
convince a community to seed, then distribute the magnetic link and the
decryption key over SecureDrop.

Assuming that that they leaker figured out a way to securely transfer a
hard drive, I suppose they could encrypt it with LUKS/dmcrypt, then send
a SHA-256 sum and the decryption key over SecureDrop.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/31/

--
Jesse V