[tor-dev] Request for feedback/victims: cfc-0.0.2

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Sat Apr 2 19:19:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 17:00:10 +0000
bancfc at openmailbox.org wrote:
> webcitation.org is an archive.is alternative. Potentially it doesn't
> forward request headers (?)

It's not a request header set by the browser.  archive.is is acting
like a HTTP proxy and explicitly setting X-F-F.

From the FAQ:

  But take in mind that when you archive a page, your IP is being sent to
  the the website you archive as though you are using a proxy (in
  X-Forwarded-For header). This feature allows websites (e.g shops or
  the sites with weather forecast) target your region, not mine.

If there's an easy way to automate requests to other cache/archive
services, I will integrate them when I have time[0].

As far as I've seen archive.is has a fairly principled stance on what
they will and will not host (The takedown policies listed on
webcitation.org don't particularly give me warm and happy feelings), so
unless things become unworkable, I'm likely to leave it as the default
for the foreseeable future.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel