[tor-dev] Towards a new version of the PT spec...

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Tue Sep 15 01:59:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:14:41 -0400
Brandon Wiley <brandon at blanu.net> wrote:
> It is my understanding that a sponsored project is coming up to work a
> pluggable transport 2.0 specification and implementation. I've also
> heard that the first step for this is to have a meeting where we get
> together with people that either use pluggable transports or
> implement them, for the purpose of soliciting feedback on the
> existing specification and gathering design requirements for 2.0. So
> perhaps the drafting of a new specification should be deferred until
> this is organized. Although of course any feedback gathered in this
> email thread can also be presented at the meeting.

This would be the first I heard of either.  Till someone tells me
details about this, I think the sensible thing to do would be to discuss
it here...

It's not as if lots of people seem interested in giving feedback
anyway at present so I'll probably end up drafting something that does
what I want it to do (which fixes the major current shortcomings of the
interface from my POV), at which point all the other people will appear
to complain.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel