[tor-dev] . tor-roster's geo diversity badge and self-ref relays

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Sep 14 22:34:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 11:20:11PM +0200, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:
> I agree, and this one in particular is important to some operators: by allowing a relay to specify itself in the family, one can just have a single configuration file for all relays in a family.

Maybe somebody wants to make a trac ticket pointing to this thread,
and suggesting that Tor should notice when it's about to list its
own fingerprint in its family line, and just quietly leave it out?

I bet that would be an easy minor feature for somebody to add, and it
would avoid creating this confusion in the future.

--Roger