[tor-dev] fteproxy depends on obfsproxy...

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Sep 7 22:29:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 14:37:07 -0700
Kevin P Dyer <kpdyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...and it shouldn't.
>
> Fortunately, the dependency is isolated to a single file. See [1].
>
> My understanding is that pyptlib [2] is no longer maintained.

It isn't? It hasn't gotten any updates because nothing broke and the pt
spec is relatively static (for now, eventually it'll change and pyptlib
will get a flurry of updates as needed).

> wiley/asn/etc. - What's the proper way to remove this dependency, but
> make it easy for fteproxy to be a PT?

There isn't an easy way beyond "reimplementing all the functionality
currently provided by obfsproxy".  It probably won't be overly hard to
do but implementing yet another socks 5 server is likely to be tedious
and annoying.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel