[tor-dev] Where are the GetTor downloads (e.g. GitHub)?

ilv ilv at riseup.net
Tue Sep 1 01:07:17 UTC 2015

Hi David,

> My question is, is there a static URL on GitHub or similar that has the
> latest downloads? That is, one that people can access even without
> having used GetTor? Such a URL would be more useful than a typical
> mirror for many users.

Yes, you can find the latest Tor Browser versions here:

https://github.com/gettorbrowser/dl

Although you will need to know which is the latest version in order to
construct a direct download link. I might work on that by the end of my
SoP if people find it useful.

We are also trying to get an official account for it, but it's still on
progress (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10692).

p.s.: GetTor is not sending links for the latest version (something is
broken with the fetch latest torbrowser script). I'm currently having
troubles with my internet connection, so I'll work on it once I have
access again.

Saludos.
--ilv