[tor-dev] Pluggable Transports v1 spec rewrite.

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Sat Oct 31 18:56:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In an attempt to make Pluggable Transports more accessible to other
> people, and to have a spec that is more applicable and useful to other
> projects that seek to use Pluggable Transports for circumvention, I have
> drafted a re-write of the spec.
>
> This is not intended to alter existing behavior, but instead make it
> clear that the whole "Pluggable Transports" thing isn't just for Tor.
>
> Unless people have serious objections, this will replace the existing
> PT spec, to serve as a stop-gap while the next revision of the PT spec
> (that does alter behavior) is being drafted/implemented.

This looks like a clear improvement over the existing writeup.  I'd
suggest that not block on making it better, and merge what we have.
Improvements as discussed elsewhere in the thread would rock, but IMO
this is already delivering enough benefit that I'd say "let's go for
it!"

Possible suggestion: call it spec version 1.1, and have it mention its
relationship to the previous version of the spec.

cheers,
--
Nick